Three Year Old
The Three Year Old Program commences at 9.00am within the Long Day Care program and provides a solid foundation and transition to the Four Year Old group. N.B. Your child must be three years old to join the Three Year Old Program.
3 Year Old Program benefits include:
- A positive transition to Four Year Old group
- Provision of a solid foundation in phonological awareness, Literacy and Numeracy
- Development of positive relationships with ACC school children and teachers
- Gaining knowledge of the layout and the routines of the school
- Modelling and establishing Christian values for young children in this vital stage of their education.
3 Year Old Children participate in:
- Introduction to phonological awareness and Literacy
- Introduction to Mathematics – numbers, patterns, sorting, days of the week, months of the year, etc.
- Explore gross motor skills, e.g. ball skills, skipping, balancing and climbing
- Explore fine motor skills, e.g. writing, drawing, cutting, arts and craft
- Involvement in wider school activities and performances where appropriate
- Music and art activities
- Incursions and Excursions where appropriate
You can utilise the following services through SmartPlay Benalla: