Early Childhood Teacher
About SmartPlay Caboolture (SPC)
SmartPlay Early Learners (SP) is a national brand operated by Christian Education Ministries (CEM) with plans underway to launch several Early Learning Centres around Australia in the coming years. SP is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in early childhood education so that children are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Educators to achieve these outcomes the SP vision is to nurture, love and introduce every child to God.
SmartPlay Early Learners is a Christian Early Learning Centre aimed at providing exceptional care and education. Our 44 placed service provides our Pre Kindy Program (3-4 years) and our QKFS Kindy Program (4-5 years). We have a strong focus on school readiness through well designed literacy and numeracy programs. Smartplay recognises and values staff as having a vital role in the care and education of young children.
The Early Learning Centre operates for 50 weeks each year, closing for 2 weeks during the Christmas vacation.
About the role
This is an opportunity to work in a committed Christian team that has a strong sense of community, family, education and love.
The Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) at SmartPlay Caboolture will be in charge to plan, develop and deliver a quality Kindy program that can clearly demonstrate your understanding and in depth knowledge of a diverse educational program based on the EYLF frameworks, QKLG and NQS.
It is important that the ECT develops and maintains respectful, supportive, collaborative and responsive relationships with children, parents and co-educators.
And work cooperatively and collaboratively with the whole team to provide a caring, welcoming and stimulating environment for children within the Service following our culture that all children, families and educators are “well known, well loved and well taught”.
This position is expected to start 10 January 2023, with the opportunity to start earlier and complete a paid handover with the current ECT before the Christmas break.
- You hold an approved early childhood teaching qualification through ACECQA
- Working with Children Check - Blue Card
- Child Protection Training and understanding of Regulations and Requirements
- Current CPR Certificate, First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management training
- You’re highly motivated
- Active, positive and effective communication skills with children, parents and team members
- You’re confident in the use of technology - Apple TV, Apple devices and OWNA app.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will have a dynamic and outgoing personality.
- You will be highly organised with strong project management skills.
- You will be highly empathetic and able to consider the needs of families while progressing the delivery of service in a timely manner
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- You will have a great attention to detail.
- Time management skills
- A clear understanding of Early Childhood Development, EYLF, NQS, QKLF
- A clear understanding of comprevise planning cycle incorporating all areas of the curriculum,
- Demonstrated proof of flexibility and the ability to cooperate with staff, children and parents.
- Staff discount on any childcare gap fees for your child(ren) attending SmartPlay.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
- Service closed for 2 weeks over the Christmas and New Year Break
- Working closely and on the same campus with Australian Christian College Moreton
- Opportunity for regular Paid Professional Development throughout the year
- Staff meetings during paid time and dinner provided
- Involvement in community events during the school year with ACCM
How to Apply
So whether you have seen an Ad on Seek.com.au, heard about us from a friend, or just want to start the conversation, then Apply Now.
Please use the online application form below.